Monday, July 28, 2008

Goldberg-It's All About the Muscle

“I’ve always been pretty much an old-school muscle-car guy,” says the 37 year old. “Ninety percent of my cars are ’73 and older."




“When I was a kid, all my buddies’ older brothers used to have them (muscle cars),” he says. “My dad was a Jaguar guy, which is cool an all, but there’s something about having that muscle. Something about being able to slam the throttle down and smoke your tires at any time.”




Probably the scariest vehicle in his collection, Goldberg says, is a Shelby Cobra replica built by some of his Atlanta neighbors, the Elliotts, as in NASCAR champ Bill Elliot. “I’ve had it for five or six years and I’ve put maybe 300 miles on it. It’s so scary. It’s got maybe 900 horsepower with the power-to-weight ration of maybe an F-15.”

No comments: