Monday, July 28, 2008

Sasha Vujacic-the power of class

Sasha Vujacic shares a rambling ranch house with his parents, brother and sister on a quiet street in Rancho Palos Verdes. It looks more like the home of a Toyota executive than a pro athlete. Except that the cars lined up in the driveway are definitely not Toyotas. And while owning a Lamborghini, Mercedes-Benz or Audi, or even one of each, is not that atypical of pro ballplayers, Sasha’s cars are unique in that he likes them to look pretty much the way they come from the factory, even down to the wheels.




“I have had my Mercedes CLS 550 about a year and it is beautiful and very fast. But now I have the Audi S8 and it is a beast. It goes like a rocket. Every European has to have an Audi because it is one of the best cars in the world.” Sasha and his family plan to use the Audi to explore outside the L.A. area.

“The Ferrari is excellent, but I prefer the Lamborghini, how it looks and how it drives. I just love it because it looks like a spaceship. I want to kiss it every time I get inside,” he jokes “My car is a manual shift, which is the only way to drive it; the automatic is just not as good to drive.”

No comments: